Your Journey to
Healthy Empowering Authentic Living
Are you ready to HEAL?
Healthy Empowering Authentic Living begins when you heal your relationship with your body, mind and spirit instead of always fighting against them.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve struggled with years of poor body image, chronic dieting, low self-esteem, unhealthy life choices and self sabotage — always hoping that willpower will stick around long enough to help you make the changes you so desperately want.
How’s it going?
Are you seeing the results you want? Are you in a healthy relationship with your body? With your mind? With your spirit?
Repairing these relationships begins with gentle mending, so each week I’ll be sending a positive, effective message which I’m calling “Weekly Wisdoms” on how to HEAL — Healthy Empowering Authentic Living.
Are you ready to get started?
Before I share this week’s wisdom, I need to explain something very important. Sustainable changes happen when you are present, committed, compassionate and open to change. “Doing the same thing and expecting different results” is out of the equation.
Most likely, your dieting efforts over the years have come from a place of frustration and self-loathing. So join me on this powerful journey with an open heart, clear mind and renewed spirit. The only way to start this journey is by getting you back your beautiful body.
“The obsession will end when you love yourself enough to stop hurting yourself. Who doesn’t want to take care of what they love?”
Your body…You remember that fascinating, complicated vessel you emotionally abandoned because it’s not perfect. The aches and pains are always reminding you the body just ain’t what it used to be. Extra weight even after all the dieting you’ve done over the years is still hanging on.
The car cannot go anywhere until there is someone driving it. If no one is driving it, it will stay exactly where it is.
Here are a few practices you can start doing today to get you back in your body.
- There’s nothing more grounding than gentle body movement. Sign up for a yoga class at the wellness center. I’d be lost without my weekly yoga class — gets me right back in body feeling peaceful and relaxed. Even got the husband taking yoga.
- A walk in nature. Walking doesn’t need to be powerful and strenuous. Therefore, a refreshing walk outside looking around appreciating nature is a great way to get you out of your mind and into the body. I know it’s hot — try early morning or late evening. Just try. Maybe even some outside gardening.
- While brushing your teeth each day, look deep into the beautiful eyes of your amazing reflection while saying these soothing affirmations. Here are a couple that have worked for me.
I’m taking steps to love myself.
I’m learning how to accept myself completely. .
I take care of my body so it will take care of me.
Today, I choose to be kind to my healthy body.
and finally, thank you, thank you, thank you.
- Throughout the day, take a few breaks to really be in the body. Sit quietly and use those amazing five senses to ground you back into that amazing body. What do you smell? What’s the taste in your mouth? Feel the air on your skin or the chair beneath you or your feet pressing into the floor. What do you see around the room? Name three different colors. Listen closely to the sounds in the room or what’s happening outside.
- Meet up with like-minded people — a tribe who shares your goal of having a healthy lifestyle. Celebrate your mission — share your stories.
Click here to be added to my mailing list so you don’t miss a single “Weekly Wisdom”.
Until next week…Always remember it’s about time we return to the heart.
Certified Eating Psychology/Healthy Lifestyles Coach